Employment Contract: Permanent/Fixed Term
We are recruiting a Sedimentologist based in Milan
The main objectives of the work are to achieve an understanding of clastic depositional environments distribution at basin/exploration scale for assets evaluation, and to integrate diagenesis/petrophysics within the reservoir characterization in order to assess their effect on reservoir performances
The candidate will be required to provide his specialistic contribution to define lithofacies, interpret the depositional layering and sequence stratigraphy of clastic successions as part of multidisciplinary exploration and development teams.
In particular the following skills are required:
- Capability to provide definition and characterization of clastic depositional environments and sedimentological facies distribution, using all the available tools (core analyses, logs, 2D and 3D seismic data, outcrop data, etc), aimed both to exploration and reservoir studies;
- interpretation of the depositional systems/facies associations within a sequence stratigraphic framework,
- evaluate the results of thin-section petrography and diagenesis studies to improve the understanding of clastic reservoirs behavior
- promote geological and sedimentological studies as support to asset evaluation or reservoir characterization.
- Compile technical reports, work plans & schedules for the effective management of subsurface workflows for exploration and development project phases
Employment contract: Permanent /Fixed term
- A sound understanding of associated subsurface disciplines (geophysics, sedimentology, stratigraphy, structural geology, petrophysics, reservoir geology) is needed
- Experienced workstation user familiar with Landmark's Openworks database and geologic/geophysical interpretation packages (Stratworks/Seiswork)
- Expertise in ArcGIS, Petrel and geological database management
- Attitude to work in multi-discipline teams and communicate technical results effectively.
- A few yeas of Industrial experience of sedimentology as applied to hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation and work experience on terrigenous hydrocarbon reservoirs
Qualification/requirements:MSc or PHD in Sedimentary Geology is required
Posting Date: 22.09.2014
This position refers to eni international resources Ltd that offers global opportunities for qualified and experienced international professionals with proven expertise in their discipline
Eni is a major integrated energy company, committed to growth in the activities of finding, producing, transforming, trading and marketing oil and gas, chemicals, oilfield services construction and engineering industries.
Eni operates in 85 countries worldwide and employs 82.300 people.
Eni men and women have a passion for challenges, continuous improvement, excellence and they particularly value people, the environment and integrity.
More details at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/22684273